PDA

View Full Version : tagging walls

Wagurto
2004-12-08, 03:14 AM
I have created a tilt-up wall panels from the curtain wall tool. It works great but when I tagged the walls all the tags read the same. It is possible to tag the wall by its size? or if The panel has a wall or window on it? I would like to schedule the panel accordingly to their size and shape.
Also, I would like to show each individual panel in a legend type. It is possible or I am asking to much?
thanks for your help

beegee
2004-12-08, 03:43 AM
In 7.0, there is an annotation tag for Curtain Wall Panels.( Can't remember if its in 6.1 ) Its a type tag, but you can modify it to a Mark (instance ) tag, and then you can schedule the panels and their dimensions and areas and type etc.

Note that CW door panels which have been swapped for a CW door, will schedule as a door , not a panel though.

PeterJ
2004-12-08, 01:37 PM
You could set up a door schedule that only showed doors in curtain walls, i.e. by filtering on family type and then show that on the same sheet as your curtain wall panel schedule. Same would hold true for windows.

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 01:03 AM
How about separating each individual panel in a legend fashion? it is that possible?
thanks

Mr Spot
2004-12-09, 01:44 AM
You can get your doors and windows to schedule with the panels, however, you would have to open all the curtain wall doors and windows and save copies, then change the family category to curtain panel as opposed to door or window...

I don't believe you can use the legend tool in this manner as it can only take type based families... Haven't checked though

beegee
2004-12-09, 02:11 AM
You could create a legend based on individual wall panels by using the "management phase" method.

Just search on that phrase or post back if you need to know more about that.