PDA

View Full Version : View won't activate on sheet

bob.86982
2010-04-19, 02:55 PM
In a sheet view I cannot pick the main view to choose a view title, it is just totally inactive. There are other views on the sheet that highlight as I move over them. This happened another time in this project and I had to delete the sheet, create a new sheet and drag the views back in.

Can anyone explain whats happening?

wmullett
2010-04-19, 02:59 PM
Are you sure one view is not overlapping the view you want. Try tabbing while over your view.

bob.86982
2010-04-19, 03:08 PM
Yes, i just dragged the detail views out of the sheet, displayed the crop region on the main view, and therer is no overlap, and the main view is still dead.

christian.69744
2010-04-19, 03:43 PM
Did you at some point (on purpose or by accident) select that "main" view and hide it by element in view? If you have, then the viewport will disappear, but the view itself will still be visible although it cannot be selected, activated, moved, etc. until the viewport is unhidden. Turn on your lightbulb to see if the viewport is hidden and try to unhide it.

I'm not sure this is the issue you are having, but I have seen people do this and then are unable to do anything to the view.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-04-19, 03:46 PM
Did you at some point (on purpose or by accident) select that "main" view and hide it by element in view? If you have, then the viewport will disappear, but the view itself will still be visible although it cannot be selected, activated, moved, etc. until the viewport is unhidden. Turn on your lightbulb to see if the viewport is hidden and try to unhide it.

I'm not sure this is the issue you are having, but I have seen people do this and then are unable to do anything to the view.
I second this, I've seen it be the culprit of this very issue several times.

bob.86982
2010-04-19, 03:50 PM
That was it!, thanks so much. I don't know how or why it got hidden.