PDA

View Full Version : Revit Arch 2011 - System Requirement Query

Overconstrained
2010-04-19, 09:52 PM
Hi guys,

We are well behind the times with our hardware here in the office, and I'm trying to establish if 2011 will run adequately on our setup. I've found the Autodesk requirements a wee bit ambiguous. For 32 bit they refer to:

"Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology"

What I want to know is, does the "dual-core" requirement noted by Autodesk refer to just the Athlon processor or both the Pentium and Athlon? You can read it both ways from my point of view.

The reason I ask is that we are using Pentium 4 HT 650 3.40 GHz processors, which aren't dual-core, but having siad that 2010 has been running without issues for the last year.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

iru69
2010-04-19, 10:14 PM
Those system "requirements" are generally suggested as a minimum for what Autodesk determines to be satisfactory performance for running the software. "Satisfactory" is obviously subjective and is dependent on many variables.

It's just a guide. Don't try to understand it literally. It really doesn't matter whether "dual core" applies to just the Athlon or just the Pentium (it refers to both).

You have the computers, you have the software, just install it and decide for yourself whether you're happy with the performance?