PDA

View Full Version : Watermark Image titleblock background

harrisbrett
2010-04-20, 05:35 PM
Any way to have an image as a background on a titleblock, where I can drop views on top of? The image that I loaded into my titleblock is masking the views that I drop on the sheet.

Basically its a marketing titleblock for condo units. Any way to achieve this?

sbrown
2010-04-20, 06:28 PM
You have to put it in the project file(in the sheet view), not the family file, then group it and copy paste align it to all you sheets.

aggockel50321
2010-04-20, 06:40 PM
If you have pay version of Adobe (Acrobat Pro), you could print your sheet(s) to a pdf file, and add the watermark to the pdf in Adobe. They have a nifty tool for doing this.

harrisbrett
2010-04-21, 02:27 AM
Works, thanks.

Now my only problem is I wish I could do irregular shaped or at least polygon shaped crop boundaries. I only want the unit extents to show, and they arent always rectangular in shape of course.

Resorting to Photoshop/Illustrator to tie the two together. Thanks for the PDF tip as well, unfortunately I dont want the watermark to show through the unit plan.

sande.frisen
2010-04-21, 06:16 PM
Works, thanks.

Now my only problem is I wish I could do irregular shaped or at least polygon shaped crop boundaries. I only want the unit extents to show, and they arent always rectangular in shape of course.

you could just use filled regions in Revit and "block out" what you don't want to see..

harrisbrett
2010-04-21, 11:06 PM
That would block out the watermarked image behind as well when the view is placed on the sheet.