PDA

View Full Version : using the API

besitler
2010-04-20, 06:31 PM
So I am familiar with VB.NET and was looking to get started with robot's API, but am rather unsure of how to get going. Simply setting up a new project in Visual Studio using the class library template, referncing RobotOM.tlb, adding imports robotOM and following the "first program" tutorial in the API documentation does not seem to work. VS doesn't recognize the robotapplication tooltips or anything. I've never used COM technology before so what am I missing? or alternatively could someone please give me a clue of how to use Robot's API to open and create a new model?

smm.144
2010-04-20, 06:50 PM
So I am familiar with VB.NET and was looking to get started with robot's API, but am rather unsure of how to get going. Simply setting up a new project in Visual Studio using the class library template, referncing RobotOM.tlb, adding imports robotOM and following the "first program" tutorial in the API documentation does not seem to work. VS doesn't recognize the robotapplication tooltips or anything. I've never used COM technology before so what am I missing? or alternatively could someone please give me a clue of how to use Robot's API to open and create a new model?

If you cannot create a robotapplication object then probably there is something wrong with referencing robot object model. Is robot already installed in the machine you are trying to write the code? if so you might want to test robot API in Excel VBA environment to check if it works there or not.

besitler
2010-04-20, 08:08 PM
Ok, that was a good idea. Excel VBA worked great and it led me to the error of my ways in VS.

Thanks for the help.

alpesh
2010-09-07, 01:44 PM
I am getting the same problem. VS cannot recognise robotapplication however it can via VBA in excel. Is there a way of getting it recognised on VS. I am using Visual Studio Express.