PDA

View Full Version : Import/Link problem with Reload

johnstory70451
2004-12-08, 06:44 PM
We are using DGN v7 files from a long term project to produce a electronic "cardboard model" for the clients review.

Revit 7 would "link" some of the files that 6.1 would not... 6.1 would have to be killed to stop it from trying, so I loaded Revit 7 and since we do not have site licenses yet(???), turned on the 60 days trial for that user.

You can get the DGN files linked and moved to the model coordinates just fine, just like you would expect.

Problem is, when you unload them, they are still listed, but now unworkable and will not reload. When trying to reload, best I could get was for Revit 7 to bark:
"Some elements were lost during import. ActiveX and some proprietary components cannot be imported. Try exploding the file in AutoCAD, or setting PROXYGRAPHICS to 1."
Click through that and you get:
"Import detected no valid elements in the files Model space. Do you want to import from the Paper space?"

The test DGN a few minutes ago was a new file with just a rectangle in it, located on my hard drive. When the file is located on a Networked Drive, you get neither of the above messages.....????

This creates lots of frustration for the user when he has to constantly remove and re-link files as work progresses on the 2D files.

Seems like there are some problems here........ First, Reload does not recognize/work on DGN format. Second, it has "issues" with files on the Networked Drives.

Help. Please.

John