PDA

View Full Version : Creating / Welding Bolts to Assemblies

gmichalczyk
2010-04-22, 02:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to firstly create a nut and/or bolt on its own and then weld this bolt to an assembly?

Any assistance would be great!!!

kathy71046
2010-04-23, 12:32 AM
I don't think that is actually possible with the given tools....(I could be wrong though, and 2011 is only partially explored)

You could create a user object (which I am still trying to master so they work), or if you only need a nut, a custom profile might work for the visual.

I'm still trying to figure the best way to do hook bolts and sag rods, since I can't find a way to do nuts without bolts :?

gmichalczyk
2010-04-23, 01:30 AM
Thanks Kathy,

I assumed that u would have to do user-defined objects which is a pain

I am also having trouble doing u-bolts . . any ideas?

:-)

kathy71046
2010-04-27, 12:50 AM
I've just been specifying my u-bolts manually, or in Revit if the Structurals were done by me.

It is probably the biggest item on the Aussie wish list, they do know we want them....maybe we will get them (and hopefully mechanical/chemical anchors) in 2012.

gmichalczyk
2010-04-27, 01:54 AM
Hopefully they sort it out soon

I have just been doing chemical / mechanical anchors by creating additional classes (such as 'HILTI HIT-HY 150 etc) and manually entering the lengths . . . It is long winded however seems to work ok at the moment

Enjoy your day!!!

Dariusz.Kwolek
2010-05-06, 04:42 PM
Hi Kathy

Can you provide some materials or links to bolts and anchors that are you referring to?

Regards

It is probably the biggest item on the Aussie wish list, they do know we want them....maybe we will get them (and hopefully mechanical/chemical anchors) in 2012.

kathy71046
2010-05-10, 01:22 AM
Hi Dariusz

These would be the 3 most frequently specified mechanichal and chemical anchors for Tilt panel construction around here.

Just having a easier representation with the ability to put in our own anchor codes would help a lot, especially as they usually need a larger hole with respect to the bolt size than a standard bolt.