PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 Using More Memory?

Fatboy
2010-04-22, 11:21 AM
I'm currently working with a client who is still using Revit 2009. Their file are huge and I'm not able to utilize all of the RAM my machine has available. My machine is 64bit running Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM. Using the Working Sharing Monitor's System Performance Tool, I see 8GB of physical memory, but only 4GB of Revit Virtual Memory being allowed. I watch the slide bar creep up as I work in the model until it eventually peeks and Revit crashes.

Are there any settings or tricks that you know of to allow my machine to utilize more of virtual memory?

Thanks,

Tony

iru69
2010-04-22, 03:45 PM
Are you using the 64 bit version of Revit 2009? They released it later in 2008, separate from the 32 bit version.

They sent us a Revit 2009.1 CD set around the same time. If you're on subscription, you should still be able to download it as well.

Fatboy
2010-04-22, 03:51 PM
I have it straightened out. I completely forgot about the later 64 bit release, so I got that downloaded and installed.

Then I discovered the ReadyBoost feature from Vista that is bundled into Windows 7. So I added (2) 16GB flash drives to use as RAM along with the 8GB that I have installed in the box. Everything seems to be working well now.

iru69
2010-04-22, 04:35 PM
Glad you got it straightened out.

ReadyBoost does NOT give you more RAM. That's a common misunderstanding.

Then I discovered the ReadyBoost feature from Vista that is bundled into Windows 7. So I added (2) 16GB flash drives to use as RAM along with the 8GB that I have installed in the box.