PDA

View Full Version : No 2011 Disks yet

wmullett
2010-04-22, 03:08 PM
Our IT guy doesn't want to use the download (Really long process through our filters) so he asked for disks. Still don't have any. You would think a week is about the max it would take.

Anybody else having this issue?

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-22, 03:21 PM
Did he specifically request the discs? Theyre not shipping them to everyone like they used too. Physical media is by request only now.

dzatto
2010-04-22, 03:21 PM
Our IT guy doesn't want to use the download (Really long process through our filters) so he asked for disks. Still don't have any. You would think a week is about the max it would take.

That's just an excuse IT guys use. He's busy watching youtube videos. lol

I would guess it takes longer than a week to process the order and get it sent out snail mail. I'd give it another week.

dgreen.49364
2010-04-22, 05:51 PM
Tell your IT guy to start the download when he goes home for the day. Tomorrow morning you'll be ready to install.

Waiting for the disks is so yesterday.

iru69
2010-04-22, 06:19 PM
We have a sluggish internet connection, so I just downloaded them at home and brought them in on a USB flash drive. Obviously you have to have that kind of access to subscription center.

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-22, 06:23 PM
There are a bunch of sites hosting the downloadables too. I think someone from the Factory posted some direct Download links, too.

wmullett
2010-04-22, 08:03 PM
Well I know why he doesn't want to download here. I've been trying - after 3 hours - I have 702 kb running at about 100 bytes / sec. We would have to open up an un-protected connection to download.

Munkholm
2010-04-22, 08:15 PM
Simon Gillis posted this link a few days back: http://www.autodesk.com/revitarchitecture-download

Was surprised to recieve a DVD by DHL today ! I´m SURE that I did not request a physical media :rolleyes:

still.james
2010-04-22, 08:24 PM
i set a FTP up for the files, and rar'ed to smaller parts.

FTP Username: revit@mdk-legion.com
Password: revit
FTP Server: ftp.mdk-legion.com
FTP Server Port: 21

dzatto
2010-04-22, 08:35 PM
Simon Gillis posted this link a few days back: http://www.autodesk.com/revitarchitecture-download

Was surprised to recieve a DVD by DHL today ! I´m SURE that I did not request a physical media :rolleyes:
I know someone that needs theDVD's. you could sell them to him! lol

wmullett
2010-04-22, 08:38 PM
Well - our virus scans FTP as well as internet sites so that doesn't do me any good either.

Come on DHL !

bulletproofdesign
2010-04-22, 08:42 PM
I missed my delivery yesterday and will be receiving my RAC2011 today.

I did ask for them to be sent, I also lodged a complaint when my download arrived corrupted. ADSK's reply was, 'we'll put disk is the mail for you' so I am not sure which reason drove them to be here!

P.S. It may take longer to get disks sent to the US from singapore.... who knows!!

Munkholm
2010-04-22, 08:43 PM
and i´m headed to ebay :lol:

Phillip_Miller
2010-04-22, 11:19 PM

Mine arrived Yesterday here in NZ.

rudolfweyers346383
2010-04-23, 08:03 AM
Dont know why anybody is complaining...Our subscribtion center has not yet been updated for the new AutoCad Revit architecture visualization suite...Autodesk said to contact our reseller, our reseller couldnt get a straight answer from Autodesk..All they said was that we 'MIGHT' get the disk at the end of May.

m.thomas
2010-04-23, 12:28 PM
Disks received here in UK 2 days ago.