PDA

View Full Version : Area Analysis

pwmsmith
2004-12-08, 07:53 PM
I have produced an Area Boundary Plan with Color Fill. The fill has covered some of the interior steps for various levels of the plan. I made the steps as in place families-floors, and attached them to the slab on grade.
Did Revit turn off floors when it placed the color fill or is there another reason they are not displaying?

sbrown
2004-12-08, 08:01 PM
Yes revit turns off floors for color fills. So just edit the family and change its category to generic model or whatever so it can be shown.

pwmsmith
2004-12-08, 08:09 PM
This building is in Florida and is slab on grade. It seemed to me to make the level changes with floor created families. Would you have created this differently? I'll go back and trace the steps with drafting lines. This duplicates work but does get the job done.

sbrown
2004-12-08, 09:48 PM
What does the stair look like? could you make it as a real stair? I wish we had a stair family category. I too end up making many stairs(typically exterior site stairs) as inplace families. But for now just make a generic model or structural family with a sub category called stair, so you can control it as needed.

pwmsmith
2004-12-09, 03:35 PM
Are 'imported symbols' also turned off with color fill. Can't make mine display.
Checked view settings with no results.