PDA

View Full Version : Additional Option Bars appearing...

MTristram
2010-04-22, 10:48 PM
Has anyone experienced multiple option bars appearing while working in RAC2010? See attached image, you'll notice under the options bar there is an additional 'empty' grey bar, similar to the options bar.

Is this a graphics card issue? It is only happening on one PC and only appeared today - happens on all projects opened on that PC.

Also, while working, up to another 5 may appear then disappear at the completion of the task.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-23, 12:11 AM
If you search around, its a known issue that has many causes. Or rather, it has many things that "seem connected' with any and all of them causing it, LOL. Things that "have been" tied to it (and im not proving nor disproving any of them, because ive seen these situations ran WITHOUT it happening as well.)

1. Revit on secondary monitor.
2. Project browser pulled to 2nd screen of different resolution
3. QAT docked above ribbon (docking below ribbon sometimes resolves)
4. Option bar on top of work window (option bar down below sometimes helps)

But, ive also seen it on a computer that was fine all day before. Restart revit, and its fine again...

patricks
2010-04-23, 02:49 PM
It happens to me on a couple of projects with linked Revit files. But luckily it only happens for the "first pick" while the file is open. After it happens once, it's fine. If something gets dragged because of the shift, I can undo it, and then it's fine after that.

j_starko
2010-04-23, 05:20 PM
I get that when I'm working on my laptop , with my drawings opened up on a second monitor. It goes away after I get all the software and driver updates.
ie, my vid driver updates and window updates.

I havn't had time to investigate it fully yet, but I notice it after I do the windows updates. After I update my video driver, the issue goes away until next windows update.

hope that helps solve the issues

Jeers ! ( cheers is already someone elses' tag line ) lol

dbaldacchino
2010-04-23, 06:23 PM
Click HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=1062261&postcount=12) for a fix.

MTristram
2010-04-30, 01:41 AM
Click HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=1062261&postcount=12) for a fix.

Yay - thanks guys that regedit fix worked :-)