PDA

View Full Version : 2011 keynoting

crispin.schurr
2010-04-23, 02:09 AM
Have there been any improvements to keynoting in 2011 ?

Hoping for the ability to add extra parameters (instead of just 2 fields), instance text for one-off descriptions ......

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-23, 02:28 AM
I dont believe anything changed there...

crispin.schurr
2010-04-23, 02:49 AM
Thanks Aaron
Don't suppose there are any improvements to schedule formatting.
A work around for improved keynoting could be to lump in a short text description with the keynote number, and then limit the number of characters displayed in the legend to show only the numeric portion of the keynote number (along with the full text in the Keynote Text field)
This would effectively give you 3 fields to play with ...
C

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-09-16, 01:13 PM
I agree. What I would like to see is the ability to add a keynote value to a element tag or additional discriptive lines to keynotes. We use keynotes to cross reference external specification documents. We would therefor have many items, say different column sizes which refers to the same keynote but we would like to tag only once not tag and keynote

greg.mcdowell
2010-09-17, 07:45 PM
A recommendation for that... use mult-category tags (both type and instance based) to pull information from your model and place the tag (no leader) beneath the keynote. Not ideal perhaps but better, and more BIM like, than text.

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-09-20, 07:38 AM
Thanks Greg - thats what I am doing at the moment and it works but it is inefficient - it means tagging twice, removing leader, positioning annotation and keynote for every item.

greg.mcdowell
2010-09-20, 05:25 PM
I agree, it is a bit of a pain. Better than text but not by much.