PDA

View Full Version : Surface Finish on assemblies

gmichalczyk
2010-04-23, 04:11 AM
Hello again everyone,

Does anyone know how to apply a surface finish to an assembly?

I am aware that you can apply a surface finish to a single profile or plate.

The reason for this is to indicate the overall surface finish of the assembly on my assembly drawing title.

Any ideas?

kathy71046
2010-04-27, 01:17 AM
If you create and Element list, it will show the finish on the main member of each assembly, but I haven't found a way to show it on the actual assembly drawing.

gmichalczyk
2010-04-27, 01:46 AM
Thanks Kathy,

I had figured it out this morning and was about to post it up

You can add a 'finishing of surface' description (%%Surf) in the assembly dimension style settings. I have done this on the front view tab plus 'Position' name (%%Pos) and 'Quantity' (%%Quant). I'm sure you are aware but you can add other description such as 'Scale', 'Weight' etc . . . see the attached pdf

The finishing of surface description that is displayed is that of the main part of the assembly (as you mentioned :-))

Let me know if this makes sense?

kathy71046
2010-04-28, 06:46 AM
Yeah, it's a pain when you have all the other info in the autogenerated table though.

I much prefer using the var_codes for that sort of thing, works great on my shaft and plate drawings.

Showing it on a checklist seems to be working alright here for the boys in the workshop at the moment in any case.

Right.......now to go check out how curved bits show up on this new project :D

eajijola387911
2012-04-21, 02:16 PM
hi, i am emmannuel a student. I saw your post about surface finish. please have been look for everything about surface finish to write about it... has a project to be submitted on tuesday i hope you dont mind helping me out. i will be very glad... if u will please lets talk on facebook. this my email. eajijola@yahoo.com