PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - anyone had issues with highlighting objects staying that way?

patricks
2010-04-23, 03:20 PM
Just installed 2011 on my boss's machine - a 6-month old Dell Precision machine with 12 GB RAM, Quadro FX 580 card and quad Xeon cores, and Win7 x64.

I noticed that rolling over objects made them highlight, but they stayed highlighted until I did a screen refresh. But then I noticed if I closed the Nagivation Bar (the little steering wheel and view cube icon in the upper right corner of the view that defaults to being on upon initial install, and I think is pointless), the issue went away completely. Anyone else experience this issue? Nice to see that it was an easy fix, and we don't really miss that Navigation Bar at all around here.

gwnelson
2010-04-23, 05:00 PM
That's a graphics driver issue. Card might not be supported (but I didn't look).

muttlieb
2010-04-23, 05:03 PM
Anyone else experience this issue? Nice to see that it was an easy fix, and we don't really miss that Navigation Bar at all around here.

Yes, I've seen it happen (with supported & recommended card & driver). Doesn't happen very often, and I haven't tried turning off the Navigation Bar.

patricks
2010-05-16, 07:16 PM
It's now happening to all 2011 users in our office, all on Win7 64-bit with anywhere from 8 to 16 GB RAM, even with the Nav bar off. All of us are using nVIDIA Quadro graphics platforms, and the driver recommended by ADSK. Doesn't matter if graphics acceleration is on or off in Revit. I noticed on my machine that stuff will stay highlighted for the first few minutes of using 2011, but then after awhile it seems to be okay.

gaby424
2010-05-16, 08:00 PM
make a zoom in and out. at my comp this is the solution. nvidia geforce 8800 if i remember well. only happen when first start a revit sesion until i zoom the view.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-05-17, 02:04 PM
I started noticing this happening in 2010 also but it only seems to be an issue for the first few minutes after opening a project. Also it isn't consistent from day to day, I'll notice it for a few days and then I'll realize that it hasn't done it for a few days. So far may solution for this issue has been to go get a new cup of coffee and when I get back the drunken leprechaun has passed out and I can begin working:lol:

ws
2010-05-17, 02:43 PM
As mentioned in some other threads, the latest Quadro driver cured this for me in both 2010 and in 2011 on FX 3800 Win 7 64.

197.28 and 197.59 I think both have this fixed for me.

It's newer than the driver tested with Revit 2011 but I've not had any problems on a new Core i7 machine but I am having some strange problems on a slightly older Core i7 machine with the display occasionally blanking and the odd stop error - but on the desktop, not while running Revit.