PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Design Option?

ctc
2004-12-08, 10:15 PM
When in the Design Options dialog box, if you select an existing Option and click Duplicate, why isn't anything duplicated except the Option name?

It would be useful if all of the modeling information was duplicated also.

Later...

I found the problem, the visibility of the view that showed the design option that I was duplicating was still set to show the original design option. Therefore the duplicated model information was not visible.

When I set the duplicated design option to be visible, all of the duplicated model info became visible.

beegee
2004-12-08, 10:27 PM
You need to change the view properties ( or duplicate the view, then change ) to show the option that you created using the duplicate command.

ctc
2004-12-08, 10:30 PM
Your quicker than I.

Thank you.

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 01:01 AM
where can I find a tutorial on design options, I need to present alternative of my design but I quite not understand how this feature works?
any suggestions?
Revit help wont help that much!!

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 01:49 AM
Is it possible to have a existing model converted to one design option and then erase part of it and create something else and collect option 2? the erase part will be loose from the original project? how do you handle existing model with design options?
thanks

beegee
2004-12-09, 02:18 AM
Good tutorial to do is ...

Help > Tutorials > Advanced features > Using Design Options.

Its best you do that first, then come back here with any specific questions.

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 02:35 AM
Thanks Bee Gee for sending me to the corner to do my home work. I did the tutorial but was pretty simple, you create objects in different design options and switch from on to another. But does not my case, so I trying to look for help here!
My problem is that I have a model with a terrace. I need to change the size and configuration of the existing terrace and create a new design option. How do I keep the existing terrace as it is and add a new terrace.

Scott D Davis
2004-12-09, 02:42 AM
you will need to copy items you want from the original model into the different options, then modify them once they are assigned to an option within an option set. Use Ctrl-C, then Edit>Paste>Same Place once you are inside and editing your specific option.

Does that help?

christopher.zoog51272
2004-12-09, 02:52 AM
or just add the terrace to the option set....

anything that will need to change must be added to option set: in option 1, leave the terrace the way it is, in option 2 edit the terrace all you want. Use dedicated views to show each option.

-Z

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 02:56 AM
Thanks Scott, I really appreciate your help, but what is not clear to me is:
1-Should I erase (cut) the original terrace from the model and then past on place on one of the design option?
2-Do I have to create the same model without the terrace again to create the next option?
I am not clear of the methodology of the design options. I understand the best way to learn something it is to try it, but I just need some pointers here.
thanks

PeterJ
2004-12-09, 08:43 AM
Design options require any existing items that will be demolished or altered to be a part of the option set, so you will require multiple copies of a terrace if you want to base multiple deisgn options on it.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-12-09, 01:20 PM
yes but Revit will automatically copy the terrace to all the different options if you use the "add to option set" button.

I think you are missing something........so to recap:

Create an option set (Terrace Options)
Create the different options: Standard Terrace, Super-sized terrace, terrace with Jacuzzi, etc
Select all the objects that make up the terrace.
Pres the add to option set button, check the options you want.
All of those element have been copied to those options and can be edited independently.
make sense?

-Z

Wagurto
2004-12-09, 01:42 PM
Thanks Zoog, that the kind of explanation I needed it. Are you a teacher or something?
Maybe other members can pick some of your style dealing with people.
thanks again

christopher.zoog51272
2004-12-09, 02:37 PM
Thanks Zoog, that the kind of explanation I needed it. Are you a teacher or something?
Maybe other members can pick some of your style dealing with people.
thanks again
glad it helped!:grin:

Everyone here is genuine in their efforts to help each other. When armed only with a keyboard, it's often hard to understand what someone is asking, and things are sometimes taken the wrong way, which can lead to frustration. I don't think anyone here meant any harm.

-Z