PDA

View Full Version : Question About 2011 and Video Driver

dgreen.49364
2010-04-26, 04:36 PM
I've got an ATI FireGL 5200. Never had a problem previously. After installing 2011 I got that error message that some others have noted, about the drivers being old. So I went to ATI's website and got the latest driver...which is still almost a year old, so this card has not had a new driver released in almost a year.

I updated the driver. Fine. Now I have some little goofy display stuff happening that I didn't have before. Nothing major, no crashes, just minor little oddball things.

Now for the question. When I go to the properties for the display drivers in my system, there is an option there to roll back the driver to it's previous drivers. If I do that am I going to make things even worse?

Scott Womack
2010-04-27, 10:34 AM
No, That message is simply telling you that that exact video card/driver combination is not what Autodesk tested, and as such cannot predict that all features of 2011 will work. If you can get the realistic display mode to work, then it won't matter. Try it first with the newer driver, then roll it back and try it again with the older version.