PDA

View Full Version : Printing with views deactivated

sfaust
2010-04-27, 06:58 PM
In reference to this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35493&highlight=deactivated+view+print) very old thread, I just found an interesting development...

It seems that in 2011, if you print a drawing set (selected sheets) and one of the sheets has a view activated, it will print that sheet twice; once with the view activated and once with it deactivated... Thanks... I think. Interestingly, though, if you just print current view, it only prints the one with the titleblock, etc. grayed out.

Not sure when this changed, but hopefully this is just a little bug in the process of making this work correctly. Factory?

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-27, 07:44 PM
I dont know why it prints the one with stuff grayed out at all. That sucks. Especially if youre using a PDF writer that makes you type in the sheet names. You lose track, since some sheets are now coming out in duplicates.

sfaust
2010-04-27, 08:49 PM
I dont know why it prints the one with stuff grayed out at all. That sucks. Especially if youre using a PDF writer that makes you type in the sheet names. You lose track, since some sheets are now coming out in duplicates.

exactly, I don't know why you would ever want that, but before it would print with things grayed out no matter what. Now if you print it as part of a "selected views" set it prints both. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that is evidence that they are working on fixing it so either you have the choice or it just prints normal regardless of activated views... Basically something changed and I'm hoping that's a good sign.

patricks
2010-04-27, 08:55 PM
FYI this actually started in 2010. It's good for me when printing actual sheets since I don't have to go back and print the sheet again. Although there is that sheet wasted. Who would ever want to print a whole sheet with only one view activated as it's seen on the screen (everything else gray)?

And I try to never EVER print a set of sheets to PDF as individual files, so that's not an issue for me.

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-27, 08:57 PM
And I try to never EVER print a set of sheets to PDF as individual files, so that's not an issue for me.

Not all large format plotters and accounting softwares will recognize the multipage PDF, or we wouldnt either.