PDA

View Full Version : Revit elements jump when selected

Lou Surfou
2010-04-27, 09:17 PM
Since I installed the latest Revit 2011, I'm having trouble:
When I select an object (Grid, wall, text, Model group, etc...) the 'Drawing Area' jump and move the selected object even if it has been locked or pinned. And it will modify my entire Model.... Aaaargh!!!!
I'm using a duo screen with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 video card and its running on window 7.
Does any one run into the same problem and can it be fixed?
Please, if anyone know how to fix this problem, I will very much appreciate it. Thanks

cliff collins
2010-04-27, 09:25 PM
Try turning off hardware accelleration, under Revit>Options>Graphics

Could be a display-related problem with your video card--have you checked
to see if yours is listed by Autodesk as approved, and/or updated the driver?

cheers

j_starko
2010-04-27, 09:31 PM
aww geez this was just in the forum last week. I can't find the thread about it.

update your video drivers, that has worked for me in the past.

Lou Surfou
2010-04-27, 09:52 PM
I turned off the hardware accelaration and did a re-boot unfortunately with no success

Lou Surfou
2010-04-27, 10:11 PM
Since I installed the latest Revit 2011, I'm having trouble:
When I select an object (Grid, wall, text, Model group, etc...) the 'Drawing Area' jump and move the selected object even if it has been locked or pinned. And it will modify my entire Model.... Aaaargh!!!!
I'm using a duo screen with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 video card and its running on window 7.
Does any one run into the same problem and can it be fixed?
Please, if anyone know how to fix this problem, I will very much appreciate it. Thanks

I goofed around my video card settings and it worked.
Thank you all for your help.

tenthfinger
2010-04-27, 11:17 PM
We had this happen in 2010 randomly thoughout our office. I have seen posts linking this to a laptop on docking stations (this was never the case for our office as we work primarily on desktops). The consistant thread throughout our users was ripping panels from the ribbon as well as an undocked browser. With 2011's properties window this may apply as well. To fix:

1. Replace all undocked tabs, the project browser and properties window
2. Maximize Revit to one monitor
3. Close Revit in this state
4. Restart Revit

That did the trick most of the time for our users. Additinally, make sure "Press & Drag" is NOT checked. You can find that at the bottom right of the Revit window near the filter couter.

Lou Surfou
2010-04-27, 11:23 PM
I solved the problem by enabling the PhysX configuration in my video card setting.
The video card I'm using is NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

I