PDA

View Full Version : Deactivate view ??

mbalsom
2010-04-28, 08:46 AM
Not a major issue but seems a little strange how we have "activate view" on the ribbon (and on right click which is automatically my preference) and once "activate" is selected on the ribbon there seems to be no way to "deactivate view" by the ribbon, or have I missed something.
Like I say not an issue for me as I use right click solely but for the learner driver my be a little confusing.

leeba
2010-04-28, 02:14 PM
There is a deactive button on the View > Sheet Composition Ribbon. It's not contextual though, so you'd have to navigate there.

It's much simpler and faster to set up keyboard shortcuts AV and DV like I did. :-)

patricks
2010-04-28, 02:40 PM
Or just use the same keyboard shortcut for both, since you can't have more than one activated on any given sheet. I use VD for both activate and deactivate view, since it's more intuitive for my left index finger to hit V first and then D with my middle finger, rather than the other way around.

I've been using this shortcut for about a year and it's so much faster than having to right-click every time you want to activate or deactivate views. Makes navigating around views on a sheet (like a sheet full of details) much easier.

Scott Womack
2010-04-28, 04:46 PM
Or, just right-click, with your mouse over an active viewport, and the deactivate is on the mouse menu.

rboyle
2010-07-21, 09:29 PM
how do you setup the custom shortcut keys?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-21, 09:52 PM
What version of Revit are you running? I can give you more detailed help once I know what version but here are the basics.
2009 and earlier = KeyboardShortcuts.txt in the program directory
2010 before SU1 = KeyboardShortcuts.xls in the program directory
2010 after SU1 and 2011 = View Tab>User Interface>Keyboard Shortcuts

rboyle
2010-07-21, 10:11 PM
I'm running RA 2010, it took me 20 minutes just to find the .txt file (it was on the D drive not C , duh me) but i found it.

my issue was creating the actual command "ribbon: etc.." i didn't know what exactly to type, but i see they already had it written into the txt file, why in the world they didn't create a default shortcut for the act/dea view command is beyond me, but thats for another thread....

thanks for the quick response tho!

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-21, 10:31 PM
If you search around there is an Excel spreadsheet that makes managing the shortcuts way easier. Let me know if you can't find it and I can re-post it. The easiest thing though is to download the latest updates from AutoDESK because they added a tool for managing your keyboard shortcuts on the fly inside Revit that really makes it easy to setup any shortcuts you like and modify existing ones if you think something else would be easier/more intuitive/closer distance on the keyboard.

rboyle
2010-07-26, 07:34 PM
I would like to customize most of the shortcuts althought i tend to go to several other users of the program in our office to help people and like with acad, everyone has their own custom setup, which sometimes becomes annoying trying to us your commands and nothing happens... again for another thread.

the VD shortcut for both act/dea the view has been wonderful!

tropitech
2010-07-27, 12:42 PM
"Or just use the same keyboard shortcut for both, since you can't have more than one activated on any given sheet."

...it's always the simple things...thanks patricks :):):)

DaveP
2010-07-27, 01:34 PM
For some reason it strikes me as humorous that there is a Keyboard Shortcut for Keyboard Shortcuts.
Typing KS brings up the Keyboard Shortcut editing dialog box.
:p
Not sure about 2009, but it works in 2010 and 2011.

rmejia
2010-07-27, 01:35 PM
Or just use the same keyboard shortcut for both, since you can't have more than one activated on any given sheet.

That's gold Jerry! Gold!

Thanks for that tip, now I wonder what else could work with the same shortcut :)

patricks
2010-07-27, 01:45 PM
The graphic interface for keyboard shortcuts (and the KS shortcut to bring up that interface, and on-the-fly shortcut application) was introduced in 2010 as part of the 3rd update in 2009, also known as the Subscription Advantage Pack, for subscription customers only.

As is usual Autodesk fare, most of, if not all of the SAP features were included in the initial 2011 release.

Before 2010 SAP (including the 2010 initial release and updates 1 and 2), the keyboard shortcuts were edited via a text file in the Revit 2010 program directory on a user's local machine. Beginning with 2010 SAP (update 3), the shortcuts are stored in an XML file in the program directory, to be edited with the graphic interface.

The Keyboard Shortcuts graphic interface can be accessed via View > User Interface or as previously mentioned, the KS shortcut.

malflynn598749
2014-04-06, 09:48 AM
...it's always the simple things...thanks patricks :):):)[/QUOTE]

===================================

DV + DV = finger loving goodness

===================================