PDA

View Full Version : Level symbol missing

gtobias
2010-04-28, 05:49 PM
Level symbol is not showing up in any elevation views. When I try to create a new floor plan I can see 5 different levels available from the old go by rvt file set and saved as a new 2010 rvt project. I created a new level called Top of Roof and it's showing in the elevation view but I can't make Ground Floor level symbol and the others to show up. Please help.

iankids
2010-04-28, 08:32 PM
Hi gtobias,

You may well have done all of this, but in the first instance I would check all the basic stuff. In no particular order, I would:

Switch off all crop regions on the elevation

If I can see the level line but not the level symbol - select the level line - at each end is a tick box - if the box is blank select the box - this will switch on the level symbol for that end of the level line.

Select the line and check the element properties (edit type button) to ensure that the level has a symbol as part of the family and that it is not set to "none".

If I cant see the level line I would check to see if it is hidden in the view - click revel hidden elements icon (little light bulb in the bottom toolbar)

Check the phase settings of the view which may not be set to show levels created in a different phase.

If none of these work....mmm more thinking needed.

Cheers,

Ian

DaveP
2010-04-28, 09:17 PM
Are you seeing the line, but not the symbol, or not seeing anything?

If you can't even see the line, your View may not be crossing the extents of the Level.
Try creating a new Exterior Elevation (with no crop). If you can see the Level there, right-click of it and pick "Maximize 3D Extents". That makes the Level go out to the furthest Model item in your project. I believe to works in all directions, but just to be safe, you may need to do that in a South Elevation and an East.

cliff collins
2010-04-28, 09:23 PM
Also make sure the levels are not on an incorrect workset and turned off.

They should normally go on the Shared Levels and Grids workset.

Also, see if a Scope Box is being used--turn on under annotation categories in
section view cutting all the way thru the model. Grids and Levels may sometimes
be controlled by Scope Boxes......

Just a thought or two, as all other possibilities seem to have been mentioned here.....

cheers

gtobias
2010-04-28, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions and what's interesting is that I move the south elevation clipping plane so far down south and also moved the other clipping plane so far up north just hoping that it just might not be inside the clipping plane area and it worked!!! All the level symbols showed up.