PDA

View Full Version : Railings - End Post Offset Different Run to Run?

dwebber
2010-04-29, 10:57 PM
OK, so I have spent way too much time on this railing family and I desperately need some help. I have searched forum after forum, help menus new and old. But I can't figure this out. Hopefully someone out there can help.

The problem is that I have a railing that is mounted to the side of monolithic concrete stairs so the bottom of the post is offset from the nosing of the stairs which works with the first run of the stairs but not the second?
The mounting plate has to be in the center of the tread so that there is enough concrete to bite into. My railing post family has an offset below the ref level of 4-1/2". So when it is inserted as part of the railing, hosted to the stairs, it lands right where it's supposed to be. There is also a 6" space dimension in the railing family end post parameters to help locate it in the right place. Which works great on the first run up but on the second run the bottom of the post drops 4"?! And only with the end posts. The start post on the second run works just like it does on the first run.

I have attached an image to help make things clearer.