PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Help - Help

3dway
2010-04-30, 12:56 PM
Being a fairly new Revit user, I rely on the help menu.

It looks like 2011 has gone to an online help system.
I don't mind being online, what I don't like is that the search function no longer finds any results. Ever. For anything (worth searching). If I search a basic command type thing, sure, I get results, but those aren't the things I need to look up.

I used to use the windows standard help format search, and index features. I liked being able to start typing things in and seeing the list filter, as I type, so I can tell if I'm using the right keywords.

Can anyone give me some tips on looking up finer points of Revit use in the 2011 help, without always having to navigate through a table of contents.

Is there an old style help in the folder structure somewhere? (I'm in vista, so the possible user/public/program files type locations have been breeding and there are more and more places to check all of the time). I can tell I'm getting old, and frustrated because I'm ranting at the complexity of the world. I wish PRO operating systems assumed you were a PRO, instead of a wannabe power user with too much money who just has to have the best of everything. Why is user friendliness so not user friendly? AND now I can't tell if I'm the user I'm ranting about, or who I think I am.

Wow that got away from me.
Thanks AUGI members for being an anonymous listener, even it nobody reads it. Sometimes that's the most help of all.

narlee
2010-04-30, 03:37 PM
I was having the same problem in Google Chrome Browser, which had somehow made itself my default browser. Making Firefox my default browser solved the problem.

anthony.67953
2010-04-30, 03:40 PM
Sorry can't help. Revit Help is getting harder to use every version.

jtosburn
2010-04-30, 09:40 PM
Agreed about the downward trajectory.

You can download a pdf of the User Manual at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14997002

Joel