PDA

View Full Version : Delete View type

martin.grandbois
2010-04-30, 01:05 PM
Hi there,
is there a way to delete a view type in revit?

Example:
I have created section types for visibility managment issue, like Section - scale 1-50, Section - scale 1-100, Section - scale 1-200, etc...

Is there a way to remove one type after i've created it?
I've tried by "Pruge" and anything seems to work...

Regards,

aggockel50321
2010-04-30, 03:59 PM
Highlight the view (section) in the project browser and press the delete key.

rkitect
2010-04-30, 04:09 PM
He is asking about View Types, not the vies them selves. These are not deletable along with most features that deal with Project Browser Organization (Project Browser types, etc.)

martin.grandbois
2010-04-30, 06:05 PM
Carl is wright, I'm talking about view types. Not view themself.

The view i'm trying to delede were created by duplicating a view type (let say i've opened à view property, edited the type, then i duplicated it 4-5 times).

Now that i've created 4-5 different view types i'm using filters in my view templates to automaticaly hide these views types in many other views i've created. Like i don't want my wall section to show in plan so i close my "wall section" section type...and so...

By the way, i'm in Revit Building 2010.

Thanks

brethomp
2010-04-30, 06:48 PM
If the view types are truly not in use, they can be purged.

Also, have you discovered the "Hide at scales coarser than" feature of section, elevation, and callout views?

Steve_Stafford
2010-05-01, 03:48 AM
If you can't purge something that is view related and you've removed everything and it is still there, check the view templates. They store view information too.

martin.grandbois
2010-05-06, 02:10 PM
View types are not modifiable with view templates so it can't be there.
I've checked my filters too and nothing there...
It seems like it's imposible to delete a duplicated view type after it's created­...
Weird.

rkitect
2010-05-06, 02:16 PM
View types can not be purged either. They are just always there. It's on my list of APIs to write if I ever get back to my API training.

martin.grandbois
2010-05-06, 04:12 PM
I understand for system view types...but why I can't delete a view type i've duplicated...i mean delete the duplicated view type??? I don't understand why I can create something that is not deleteable...
Something for wish list...delete everything that can be created...simple...

Steve_Stafford
2010-05-07, 02:32 AM
David Driver determined that schedules are somehow tied to view ports, specifically when a schedule is copied/pasted from one project to another or the Insert from File tool is used. A viewport type is tied to the schedule and can't be purged until the schedule involved isn't there anymore. Unused view ports should be purged otherwise when using Purge Unused.

No doubt a head scratcher but he was able to remove all the view ports he didn't want in his client's template. Not sure what your options will be if you actually need the schedule still.

rkitect
2010-05-07, 01:05 PM
Did a few quick tests in 2011:

Test 1:

Created a new project from the <none> template.
Made a new Section type called "ThisShouldbePurged" from type "Section 1"
Without placing the section used the purge unused tool

Result: Section 1 and ThisShouldbePurged show up in the Other Styles > Sections to be purged. I'm assuming both are purged but Section 1 is recreated as I imagine Section view types is one of those "can't be empty" categories.

Test 2:

Created a new project from <none> template.
Made a new Section Types called "Section 2" from type "Section 1"
Placed Section 2 in the view and deleted it.
Used Purge Unused Tool

Result: Section 2 appears under the Other Styles > Sections to be purged.

Test 3:

Placed Section 2
Created Walls and a Room
Created Wall and Room Schedule
Deleted Section 2
Used Purge Unused tool

Result: Section 2 was NOT listed as an item to be purged. Continuing with the test above I deleted the schedules and use Purge Unused again. Section 2 did NOT show up as an item to be purged.

Here's the interesting test:

Test 4:

Created Walls and a Room
Created Wall and Room Schedule
Placed Section 2
Deleted Section 2
Used Purge Unused tool

Result: Section 2 appeared under Other Styles > Sections to be purged.

Apparently there's a sequencing issue here. Either that or it varies from project to project.