PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Can Light Fixtures - Can I get the hole to go away too?

Double 'A'
2010-04-30, 03:35 PM
So I have created our model of a church. Since our electrical guy is still using acad, I inserted a bunch of light fixtures to create a rendering. Now I want to turn all of those fixture off so I can create my construction documents. But when I turn them off, or put them on another workset, they turn off but leave a hole in my ceilings. Is there a way to just turn them off and not see the holes? I don't want to delete them because I might update our rendering at some point.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-30, 03:40 PM
Nope. Because that portion of the ceiling doesnt exist. Youve got a few options:

1. Add a yes/no and length parameter to the family to displace the void so it doesnt cut the ceiling. (If its type then its one click to turn the void on or off)

2. Design option the ceilings/lights and have a version with no lights.

Double 'A'
2010-04-30, 04:00 PM
Nope. Because that portion of the ceiling doesnt exist. Youve got a few options:

1. Add a yes/no and length parameter to the family to displace the void so it doesnt cut the ceiling. (If its type then its one click to turn the void on or off)

2. Design option the ceilings/lights and have a version with no lights.

Thanks! I just modified the recessed height and hid them.