PDA

View Full Version : Door Tags

TerribleTim
2010-04-30, 04:20 PM
Ok, I can't seem to find an answer for this one either.

Is it possible to put a door tag on something that isn't actually a door? I have a window that the PM wants to show a door tag in front of since it's a passthrough deal. How can I place a door tag without it being linked to anything, or how can I link it to the window?

What would AUGI do? (WWAD?) :wink:

cj_follmer
2010-04-30, 06:33 PM
open your door tag family. Go to Category and Parameters and assign it to whatever you make the object. If it's a window, assign the family to be a window family. Do a Save As and give it a different name and load it into your project. Tag the object with the new tag or tag it with a typical window tag and then switch it out for your new tag.

We had to do something similar except we turned a window tag into a wall tag so we could tag our curtain walls for frame types.

twiceroadsfool
2010-04-30, 07:17 PM
Just make sure your PM knows that it WONT be in the door SCHEDULE too.

TerribleTim
2010-04-30, 07:23 PM
Thanks! Worked great. :beer:

dzatto
2010-04-30, 08:24 PM
Ok, I can't seem to find an answer for this one either.

Is it possible to put a door tag on something that isn't actually a door? I have a window that the PM wants to show a door tag in front of since it's a passthrough deal. How can I place a door tag without it being linked to anything, or how can I link it to the window?

What would AUGI do? (WWAD?) :wink:
All this time I thought that meant "what woud Aaron do". :mrgreen: