PDA

View Full Version : Select multiple view / sheets to change properties

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 12:31 PM
This seems to be broken - selecting multiple sheets to change date or mult. views to change view scale - only (1) of the highlighted bunch ends up getting the change.

saeborne
2010-05-03, 03:34 PM
I've noticed a similar thing (I'm assuming you mean 2011).

I'm finding that I have to create more View Templates to change one parameter. Anyone know of a better work around?

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-03, 03:39 PM
Odd. Im in 2011 and its functioning as expected. Ive checked using multiple views, changing scale, changing LOD, changing additional parameter values.

They all change, whether i use the Apply button or simply change the values and click back to work.

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 05:04 PM
Hmmm, your results may vary...

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-03, 06:58 PM
Ive been doing a lot of that, since im building the new template.... It hasnt let me down yet. But i HAVE seen the results vary in areas where it also varied in 2010... Like having multiple views selected and trying to change them to a CUSTOM scale. it does nothing...

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 07:17 PM
Nope, just tried it again. Selected all plan views, tried to change to 1/2". Only the view that's actually open appears to stay selected.

rkitect
2010-05-03, 07:24 PM
Just curious, what happens if you do this while a completely non related view/sheet is open and active?

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 07:34 PM
Nope. Tried it with a sheet view open & then selected all plans. This does not love me long time.

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-03, 07:52 PM
I tried it again to verify. It doesnt matter if im one of the views, not in one of the views. I can select as many views as i want and change properties, and they all work.

Gwnelson, in the browser are you trying this down in the sheets? All the views im trying are up in the VIEWS portion, but they work fine...

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 07:56 PM
Yeah - selecting from all Floor Plans under Views in the Browser panel.

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-03, 08:43 PM
Odd! I cant fathom what else is different, were all on the first build, right?

Win 7 64-bit, here. First release build (post beta). Are you on 32 bit? 64?

rkitect
2010-05-03, 10:04 PM
Maybe try a different Project Browser organization type? Make a completely different one and use not filters and see if that works? Now I'm curious.

gordolake
2010-05-03, 11:13 PM
All good here, works as suspected and as 2010.

ben.136902
2010-05-04, 06:34 PM
Having same issue, trying to modify a number of items in the project browser at once does not function consistently. Especially when trying to modify the sheet name of more than one sheet at a time. Usually nothing happens, sometimes it will change one or some or all. Who knows with revit right?

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-04, 06:42 PM
Having same issue, trying to modify a number of items in the project browser at once does not function consistently. Especially when trying to modify the sheet name of more than one sheet at a time. Usually nothing happens, sometimes it will change one or some or all. Who knows with revit right?

Just checked that over here too, and it works fine and as expected. Weird that people are getting different results!

Scott Womack
2010-05-04, 08:53 PM
....trying to modify a number of items in the project browser at once does not function consistently. Especially when trying to modify the sheet name of more than one sheet at a time. Usually nothing happens, sometimes it will change one or some or all.

If the sheet names are exactly the same, you'd be able to change them all at once. Since sheet names can vary from sheet to sheet, if you select multiple sheets, and try to edit the name, it will start out blank, or possible not even show you that parameter at all.

Revit is not built to allow you to change, or add some words to the beginning or end of sheet names. You can to this relatively quickly via a drawing list though.

cbukowski
2010-06-30, 11:31 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. It doesn't matter what I'm selecting in the project browser - sheets or views - when I go to change the property (for me the View Type/Discipline since that's how our project browser is sorted) the views/sheets I've selected turn gray in the project browser and then the properties for the open view show up.

Not happening for any of the other Revit users in the office to my knowledge. The problem can't be recreated on the Revit tech's computer and it's not specific to my file. If I create a new project I can't change multiple properties there either...

patricks
2010-06-30, 04:00 PM
Last week's update did some funky things to the action of changing multiple view or sheet properties at once - sheets more so than views I think. If you shift-select several views all at once (2 clicks only) and then change the Discipline, it should work. Does on my end.

Have a look through this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=120409

cbukowski
2010-07-01, 07:28 PM
Yeah - the update hasn't been installed on my machine yet. I've only been using 2011 for 1.5 weeks now. Can't say that it worked for me before I tried to sort views the other day. I know it worked in 2010...but that's beside the point. I checked out the other thread and read where if you re-dock the project browser and properties panel that it would work...still doesn't work. Guess I'll let someone else do the sorting since nobody else here seems to be having the problem...

raul.pacheco
2011-06-28, 08:19 PM
This seems to be broken - selecting multiple sheets to change date or mult. views to change view scale - only (1) of the highlighted bunch ends up getting the change.

"Selecting multiple sheet views and hitting the ALT + ENTER key simultaneously worked in 2011 but it does not seem to work in 2012. Looks like Autodesk disable this feature in 2012"

crcampbell
2011-09-20, 02:15 PM
I have the same problem, but only after switching to Win 7 64 bit....used to be able to multiple select in browser and make changes...as long as all was in same group set...now it don't matter only one selects object is changed...although it acts the same way it used to and looks like they all change, until you select each individually and check it. I same problem in both 2011 and 2012 on win7 64 bit.

mrauscher
2011-09-20, 08:34 PM
I noticed the same problem in 2011. I used to do large group selections to update the properties, but now it only changes one of the views (usually the first one I selected).

The only work around I can think of is to make the change in a View List Schedule and filter out the views that do not need updating. Then do not itemize every instance... you should be able to make a change to all the views in a specific browser sorting this way...

At least in theory.
Whenever I try to update things like this in a schedule and turn off the Itemize every Instance button, it never changes anything. Still trying to work that one out. It might be one of those awesome "user errors". :)

DaveP
2011-09-20, 09:13 PM
There are a few quirks with getting this to work.
First, revit usually doesn't like making multiple selections in the Project Browser if the PB is undocked. So re-dock everything (doesn't hurt to do the Properties Window, too)
I've also noticed that it doesn't like it if one of the Views you've selected is the Current Window. So open another View that you are NOT changing before making your selection. And sometimes it helps to Close Hidden Windows first, too.

Finally, once you've made your multiple selection, look at the Properties Window. If it is showing the name of a View, that's the only View that will be changed. Parameters will start disappearing when you have more than one View (or Sheet) selected. Scale is a good one to watch. Visibility/Graphics is a dead giveaway. If you can see the V/G parameter button, you've only got one View selected. When that button goes away, you're probably good with your multi-select.

RonPalmaAEC
2011-09-20, 09:29 PM
We have noticed this problem as well and filed it with Autodesk. Our clients have requested the ability of batch editing sheet data so often that we integrated their request as one of the functions of Ideate BIMLink.

The free trial would let you edit 25 rows of sheets if you want to test it out. Here's a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftRk_q-DPY&list=PLF9E0BB76C2C03D97&index=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftRk_q-DPY&list=PLF9E0BB76C2C03D97&index=1)

cdatechguy
2011-09-20, 09:55 PM
I have the same problem, but only after switching to Win 7 64 bit....used to be able to multiple select in browser and make changes...as long as all was in same group set...now it don't matter only one selects object is changed...although it acts the same way it used to and looks like they all change, until you select each individually and check it. I same problem in both 2011 and 2012 on win7 64 bit.

Odd...I had the issue as well with 2011....but it works fine with 2012...

amradcliff
2011-09-27, 03:10 PM

It worked fine for me in Revit 2011 until I got a new computer last week with Win 7, 64 bit. Now I can't select multiple views and modify properties for all of them at once. Very frustrating.

guitarchitect
2012-01-06, 10:16 PM
Jeez guys, this has the easiest solution in the world - turn off your Aero Theme. doesn't it make perfect, logical sense?

(thanks to this thread and antman (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=1155750#post1155750) for bringing the solution to light. I can't believe it's such a dumb solution that's so completely unrelated to Revit)

Nan2022
2012-03-22, 04:21 PM
Thank You for this thread. If i would of came here first my problem would of been solved 2 days ago. Will have to remeber to check here first.

kafka
2012-09-28, 09:58 AM
Did anyone experienced this with R2013? I have the impression that following a W7 recent update things have gone wrong because I am sure I was able to do this since I installe 2013 on this machine! But now after a couple of week it does't work anymore.