PDA

View Full Version : Model text

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 02:09 PM
I don't see any way to adjust the font kerning or text width compression factor. Please tell me that I'm not looking in the right places...

jeffh
2010-05-03, 02:23 PM
I don't see any way to adjust the font kerning or text width compression factor. Please tell me that I'm not looking in the right places...

There are no controls for this in Revit. :cry: The best you could do is place one letter at a time and align them manualy to reference planes. You could use an equality constraint on the reference planes to make the text adjustable. Not perfect, but it might work for you depending on what it is you are trying to do.

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Jeff. I hadn't thought about the single letter approach. I like that & will try.

DaveP
2010-05-03, 04:30 PM
There is not Kerning control - That's left up to Windows.
There is, however a "Squish" control. Better known as Width Factor.
It's in the Text Style properties.
(See image)
I've heard, though, that people tend to not use it much because it can cause "issues". Not sure exactly about any Revit issues, but it can mess things up if you need to Export that Text to AutoCAD.
We have standardized our office on
Arial Narrow,
which takes less horizontal space than
regular Arial.

gwnelson
2010-05-03, 05:03 PM
There is not Kerning control - That's left up to Windows.
There is, however a "Squish" control. Better known as Width Factor.
It's in the Text Style properties.
(See image)
I've heard, though, that people tend to not use it much because it can cause "issues". Not sure exactly about any Revit issues, but it can mess things up if you need to Export that Text to AutoCAD.
We have standardized our office on
Arial Narrow,
which takes less horizontal space than
regular Arial.

Yeah - but isn't available for MODEL text.

DaveP
2010-05-04, 01:37 PM
Yeah - but isn't available for MODEL text.
Sorry about that. Guess I shoud read the title as well as the body of the post :Oops:

gwnelson
2010-05-04, 03:07 PM
Sorry about that. Guess I shoud read the title as well as the body of the post :Oops:

So never under estimate the value of public humiliation DaveP. :)