PDA

View Full Version : Putting section heads and tails together

dalewww
2004-12-09, 03:58 PM
I am creating our template to look the way we draw now before I start a project.

I have created our section head and tail by just copying the existing families and modifying them.

Now I cannot find how to put them together in the section cut family. I see the family is a system family : section and teh type is building section. But if I try to edit it I have to have both my section head name and section tail name defined as a section tag. This is what I cannot find how to change.

How is this done?

Thanks

beegee
2004-12-09, 09:42 PM
Dale,

Load your new section head and tail.

Place a section, select it , go to Properties, Edit Duplicate , Rename.

Now load the new head and tail under the drop down menu.

HTH

Paul Monsef
2004-12-09, 10:01 PM
I am creating our template to look the way we draw now before I start a project.

I have created our section head and tail by just copying the existing families and modifying them.

Now I cannot find how to put them together in the section cut family. I see the family is a system family : section and teh type is building section. But if I try to edit it I have to have both my section head name and section tail name defined as a section tag. This is what I cannot find how to change.

How is this done?

Thanks
OK, here is one of those undocumented changes. :)

It appears, a section is no longer defined by the Section HEAD and a Section TAIL. Instead they combined this into one new setting: the Section TAG.

To add a new section TAG (which contains the typ. settings for the head and tail) go to Settings>View Tags>Section Tags.... There you can add definitions for your sections. IE. the TYPE "Section Head - Filled, Section Tail - Filled" would display the family Section Head - Filled for the HEAD and Section Tail - Filled for the tail of a section mark... << check it out in a 7.0 template...

In the section mark properties you would select the TAG you created above instead of selecting the families used for the HEAD and TAIL. << Hopefully that makes sense (I just figured all this stuff out)

NOW, to put your section HEAD and TAILS into a section (1) open the section TAG setting by going to Settings>View TAGS>Section Tags (1a) select DUPLICATE and call the new TAG whatever you like (1b) change the HEAD and TAIL properties to display families (2) Select a section > Edit/NEW > duplicate (2a) rename whatever you like and change the section TAG parameter to display the TAG you created in step 1a above.

At least i think that's how it works... :)

dalewww
2004-12-10, 01:56 PM
Thanks Paul. That works. It looks though that the tail needs to have an added parameter to specify size of the tail. Yet that is indicated nowhere. I can't even find the way of creating a tail anywhere in the help docs. in R7. I also cannot find any blank template like the section head template in R7 that I have.

Thank again Paul