PDA

View Full Version : RAC 2010 - Grid Bubbles

azmz3
2010-05-04, 11:25 PM
I know this is a long shot, and probably not a possibility, but I need to ask anyway. Does anyone know of a way to add a parameter (shared or not) preferably an instance parameter, to grid bubbles. i want to be able to swith back and forth between the Revit provided 1/4" bubble and my own 1/8" bubble, that is used on a few views in a project. We have overall plan views at 1/32" = 1'-0" and the 1/4" bubble is way to large, and when we go to a 3/32" = 1'-0" scale, the 1/8" bubble is to small. I know that the grid is a system family, but any help in this would be appreciated. Currently, I print my smallest scale (1/32") first, then as I go to the orher views, I change the grids back to 1/4" before printing the rest of the sheets. Not a huge lot of work, but bothersome.

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-05, 12:32 AM
Technically, it wont do what youre after.

But if you search, there are a few workarounds for what youre doing. None of which are much better than your current method, and all of which introduce SLIGHTLY more convenience for printing, with MUCH more opportunity for screwed up grids on some of the sheets.

azmz3
2010-05-05, 03:00 PM
I guess I will take my more slightly less convenient method with less chance of screwed up grid bubbles at print time. It was worth a shot to ask though.