PDA

View Full Version : Review Warnings List Changes

davidcobi
2010-05-04, 11:30 PM
Anyone notice that in 2011 warnings for detail items and detail lines relating to "Line in Sketch is slightly off axis and may cause inaccuracies" & "Line is slightly off axis and may cause inaccuracies"....no longer shows up in Review Warnings?

It's been mentioned many times that a long list of Warnings impacts model performance. Did Autodesk decide these warnings are too common & insignificant to warrant impacting model performance?

kingjosiah
2010-05-05, 05:15 AM
Wow......this will be big if that is in fact true. One of teams has a project with over 2,000 errors :Oops:....and a good 500+ are "lines off axis"....that probably really do need to be off axis. Now that we are beginning to enforce the cleanup of warnings and errors, our teams will be glad that there is one less thing to look out for.

Just another reason to roll out 2011....

- Jon

m20roxxers
2010-05-05, 07:36 AM
On the other side having access to this warning has always given users the ability to see if they had indeed drawn walls wrong and then wonder why it won't dimension.

I don't want to get rid of warnings like this at all, inaccuracies is one of the biggest issues Revit is supposed to help with.

A simple ignore function that allows you and revit to ignore the warning is far better then hiding them away and having users have all sorts of issues with these problems down the track.

Who is drawing 90.00045 angled walls anyway???
Better yet who is building them....

barrie.sharp
2010-05-05, 08:31 AM
Who is drawing 90.00045 angled walls anyway???
Better yet who is building them....

I'm not drawing 90.00045 angled walls but contractors I've come come across certainly don't build 90° walls! ;)

davidcobi
2010-05-05, 04:25 PM
Model objects like walls still report when slightly off axis. It's just detail lines and sketches in filled regions that no longer report.

kingjosiah
2010-05-05, 05:10 PM
Model objects like walls still report when slightly off axis. It's just detail lines and sketches in filled regions that no longer report.

That's better yet, at least for us. I know that most of our "off axis" problems can usually be traced back to some sloppy detail from AutoCAD or the like that someone has traced over.

Although....I must say that i love m20roxxers suggestion about having an "Ignore" option. I could see this function being added in much the same way that the Cad Manager Standards Checker tool for AutoCAD is set up....with not only an option to "ignore", but also the option to suppress, or not suppress, the ignored warnings.

- Jon

dbaldacchino
2010-05-05, 05:41 PM
Thanks for noticing that Dave! It's a really welcome "fix" in my opinion.

DaveP
2010-06-01, 09:22 PM
Oh, hurray, hurray!
I understand why Walls and Room Separation Lines warn you, but I never understood why I was supposed to care about a Detail Line being "crooked". I finally traced one "Warning" down to a drafted "arrowhead" in a detail.
I've got another project here (2010) with about a hundred of these Warnings, including the attached Image. I drew the horizontal Line ermmm... Horizontal. At least Revit told me so. :roll:
Then Dimensioned the others off of it. The Hotizontal Line does not have a Warning. The 45s do.

DaveP
2010-06-01, 10:03 PM
Sigh.

Those details were bugging me. I've been digging in to them since my previous post.
Even if I drew a new Detail Line and specifically typed in 45 degrees, I got the Warning.

Finally figured out that when the created the Detail View by drawing a Section, they drew the Section just a little bit off from Vertical.
So, since the View itself is "Slightly Off Axis", pretty much all of the Lines in the View are "SOA"
Which makes me SOL. Unless I redraw (or tell someone to) three Details.

Bring on 2011!

patricks
2010-06-02, 08:14 PM
I have had this issue on projects where the True North was just barely off of a 90 degree or 45 degree angle, i.e. N 44* 59' 53" E or something like that. In that project every single horizontal line in a sketch or detail line in any E/W-facing section or elevation gave me that warning.

btrusty
2010-06-02, 08:35 PM
i remember either someone mentioning it or seeing it in some documentation when 2011 came out...

cant put my finger on where it is / was now...