PDA

View Full Version : Undock Ribbon

dzatto
2010-05-06, 01:28 PM
Is there any way to undock the ribbon entirely like ACA does?
I run 3 monitors. I would run ACA stretched across 2 monitors with just the QAT at the top. On my third monitor, I keep the properties palette, tool palette, xref paletts, and project navigator.

I'd like to do a similar thing in Revit. Is that possible? I've already noticed that, while the palettes stay on the third monitor, Revit will not stay stretched across the othet 2 screens upon launch. I have to redo it every time.

rkitect
2010-05-06, 02:30 PM
The easiest solution IMHO: Port to OSX :)

I do not think undocking the Ribbon is possible in Revit.

Scott D Davis
2010-05-06, 03:42 PM
The individual panels can be ripped off of the ribbons and placed on a second (or third!) monitor.

dzatto
2010-05-06, 04:23 PM
The individual panels can be ripped off of the ribbons and placed on a second (or third!) monitor.
c'mon Scott! ACA can do it. Isn't Revit supposed to be better? ;)

Yeah, I saw that the individual panels can be ripped off, but I don't want to spend two hours ripping off every panel, then I'd have to do every contextual panel. Then, if I ripped off all the panels, the ribbon would still be there, just blank, right?

I'll deal with it and hope 2012 can do it.

Phil Read
2010-05-07, 01:05 AM
Ripping off Panels is lame. And broken. When you exit sketch mode (like editing the profile of a wall or floor sketch, etc.) the panels re-dock.

-P

Scott D Davis
2010-05-07, 04:54 AM
When you exit sketch mode (like editing the profile of a wall or floor sketch, etc.) the panels re-dock.

Huh? I just tested in a bunch of different configurations with different panels ripped off and different sketch modes finished, and all panels stayed where I placed them. What are you doing so that I can reproduce it?

rkitect
2010-05-07, 01:56 PM
I think it's another one of those YMMV dealios. I just ripped the Build dock off of the home ribbon, clicked back into my main canvas and the build dock disappeared :/

Hid all opened windows, wasn't there. Clicked a few other ribbons, didn't show back up. Entered the wall command with keyboard, re appeared right where I left it.