PDA

View Full Version : Append/Prepend Dims in a Schedule?

leeba
2010-05-06, 07:57 PM
In my door schedules, when I have a new door in an existing frame, I like to prepend the +/- symbol for the Width and Height fields. In Autocad, this was possible. Is it possible in Revit?

I'm using 2010.

Alfredo Medina
2010-05-06, 10:03 PM
I don't see any option for adding a prefix like that to those values. We could do a workaround, though. Please see attached image, and tell me if that would be acceptable.

leeba
2010-05-07, 02:54 PM
I don't see any option for adding a prefix like that to those values. We could do a workaround, though. Please see attached image, and tell me if that would be acceptable.

That's a thought. I'd probably put VIF in the column instead of the +/- symbol. I'd get it to show up only in existing doors by creating an instance yes/no parameter, I suppose? I'm not sure if it's worth the effort but at least it's a possible workaround. I guess the easiest thing is to use a catch-all "verify all existing openings in field" note and/or note that the opening is existing in my remarks column.

Thanks.

rkitect
2010-05-07, 02:58 PM
Or just make a VIF parameter for your doors and put an "x" or "•" in the column.