PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Door Problems

fjacobson
2010-05-06, 08:44 PM
I need some help. My doors have always worked exactly how I wanted them too up until I upgraded to 2011. Now I am getting a bug that I can't seem to fix. In a 3D view, some of the door panels will just disappear when I drop them into the model. If I open up the family and switch the default door panel to a different type (for instance: change it from a Solid Panel to a Panel with a lite) it will cause a different group of door panels to disappear when inserted into the model.

I have attached a sample of my door family, the family txt file, and a screen shot of the problem. In the screen shot you can see a bunch of door panels are missing. Can anyone see what I am screwing up? The frustrating thing is these doors have worked in previous versions. I am not sure what is causing the problem now.

Thanks for any help.

davidcobi
2010-05-06, 10:03 PM
There is a parameter called Glazing Width... just flex it manually in your family file then save your file. Sometimes these things get stuck and you have to flex all of the parameters after reloading a nested family. Works now.

fjacobson
2010-05-06, 10:26 PM
I can't thank you enough! You just saved me a ton of time and headaches.