PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Dimension Railings on Stairs:

jj mac
2010-05-07, 03:48 PM
I am having some trouble dimensioning railings that are hosted to stairs.

I have looked at my railing profile families, looked at the 'out of the box' railing profile families, tried adding ref planes and setting them to 'strong reference' etc... but nothing. I have tried reloading the 'out of the box' profiles and replacing with my railing type...

I can dimension everything normal when the railing is not hosted to a stair, but as soon as I host it to a stair it will not work. The strange thing is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't... I really need it to work all the time. ; )

Does anyone have any experience with this problem...? Right now my wheels are spinning...

Thanks in advance...

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-07, 05:24 PM
Railings on stairs are interesting. Its a view range issue. Move your cut plane (i forget it its up or down) so that its beyond the railing... And suddenly you can dimension it. :)

cdatechguy
2010-05-07, 09:49 PM
I always have to do a pick detail line at the ends of rails in order to dimension to them....just be sure they are the same lineweight as your railing is...

Seems to be hit and miss though, sometimes I have to above and sometimes I don't.