PDA

View Full Version : Furniture and Furniture Systems Schedules

jgabriel
2010-05-07, 06:59 PM
Can anyone tell me if a furniture location schedule can be merged with a furniture systems location schedule, so the two schedules are integrated? I'm an "old dog" that is trying to transition from AutoCAD to Revit, and finding it difficult to find a cross reference in terminolgy between the two software. Thanks

rkitect
2010-05-07, 08:15 PM
I'll try to help, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a Furniture LOCATION schedule. Seems like a Floor Plan with furniture on it. :)

Is this a Furniture Schedule with the room number in it or something like that?

You can try a <Multi-Category> schedule but I don't know if it will allow you to include Furniture AND Furniture Systems. You definitely won't be able to filter by that, but you may be able to make a Furniture and Furniture Systems parameter that you can use to force them to schedule and then filter by that parameter.

Let me see what I can come up with on this end...

rkitect
2010-05-07, 08:30 PM
Got it working, tried to jing it twice and jing crashed on me both times so I tried attaching the project that demos the furniture and schedule.. wouldn't you know it it's .38mb too large to attach. I'll try sending it to you.

Scott Womack
2010-05-10, 10:01 AM
Can anyone tell me if a furniture location schedule can be merged with a furniture systems location schedule, so the two schedules are integrated? I'm an "old dog" that is trying to transition from AutoCAD to Revit, and finding it difficult to find a cross reference in terminology between the two software. Thanks

Yes, and No. To have more than one catagory of object in a single schedule, you have to use a Multi-Category schedule. However, when using this type of schedule, you can only schedule parameters that are common to ALL non-system categories. This can be limiting.

Typically I'd make, and live with a Furniture Schedule and a furniture systems schedule, to permit maximum flexibility.

To get the room where the furniture is located into the schedule, when in the Fields part of the schedule. In the lower left corner there is a pull-down that lists the selected catagory of the schedule. If you pull this down, you should see Room, and then the name/number etc. of the room will be for the furniture schedule.

rkitect
2010-05-10, 04:15 PM
Sorry for the delay, see if this helps:

multicategory.rvt (http://revittotd.com/revit/Uploads/multicategory.rvt)