PDA

View Full Version : Can't uninstall 2009 or 2010

patricks
2010-05-07, 10:14 PM
Trying to uninstall Revit 2009 and 2010 from a co-worker's machine before I set up the new machine (to avoid having too many licences in use), but when I try to remove them from Add/Remove Programs, for both I get the error message "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it"

I have tried running the 2010 install file again so that it can unpack all the install files, but I still get the same error message. What could be causing this?

jsnyder.68308
2010-05-08, 10:20 PM
Trying to uninstall Revit 2009 and 2010 from a co-worker's machine before I set up the new machine (to avoid having too many licences in use), but when I try to remove them from Add/Remove Programs, for both I get the error message "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it"

I have tried running the 2010 install file again so that it can unpack all the install files, but I still get the same error message. What could be causing this?

I had a similar problem on an XP machine in my office. I think it comes from someone inadvertantly deleting what appears to be a bunch of garbage from folders in the Windows directory - obviously it is not garbage.

Take a look at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823

and then use the Windows Install Cleanup utility. Don't know how/if it works for other windows versions, but it did the trick for me.

patricks
2010-05-09, 07:30 PM
Yeah this old machine has XP so I'll see how it goes

cliff collins
2010-05-10, 12:36 PM
Also check to see if you need admin privileges to uninstall, if the server has a group policy
in effect. ( maybe log-in as admin. and try uninstall )

cheers

saeborne
2010-05-10, 07:39 PM
Perhaps you can export the license first, then do a clean wipe of the old XP machine.

To my knowledge, uninstall does not unregister the license.

Here's a good link about uninstalling revit:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14633513&linkID=9243099

jspartz
2010-05-10, 07:54 PM
Check local admin rights first.

If it was installed with a msi file, you can uninstall it using msiexec /x {program's GUID}.

Or you could use Revo Uninstaller (free utility to uninstall any program cleanly).

The license will work still unless it is the third time activating it, then you have to call Autodesk.