PDA

View Full Version : Family component icons

Dave
2010-05-09, 07:44 AM
Some of my family component icons dont show up correctly e.g. they are back to front, i have opened the family shown the 3D view the way i want the icon to appear and then saved using the select view to preview option and they still wont work, can anyone help ?

Alfredo Medina
2010-05-09, 01:15 PM
When you say 'icon', you are referring to the component, such as a desk, a chair, etc, right? OK. When you insert one of these components, before you click for the insertion point, if you see that it is coming in the wrong direction, just hit the bar key twice to flip it. Opening the file to rotate it is not a good solution, because you might need to insert the block in any orientation anyway, so just use the bar key.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-05-09, 03:37 PM
This has been a known problem for a long time. The preview that is automatically generated shows the component in 3D but from the back side. To my knowledge this hasn't been corrected.

Alfredo Medina
2010-05-09, 04:24 PM
Now I see exactly what you guys mean. (see image) I thought it was related to the orientation of the component at the moment of insertion. Sorry about the confusion.