PDA

View Full Version : Format for entering deg & min for rotation

kimheaver
2010-05-11, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry but I've got to ask this most basic question, its plagued me for years, normally I find a way around it but its getting to me and I've got to ask this time.

How do I enter degrees & minutes for a rotation, I need to rotate an object 184d 37'

I've tried entering 184d37' but I get "Invalid input" and every variation I can think of gives the same result.

I've tried searching the help files, the forums, the books, they tell me how the rotate command works and to enter the angle but not the actual format to use.

Normally I cheat by converting it to decimal and enter that, but I know there has to be an easier way.

Regards,
Kim Heaver

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-11, 03:12 AM
This will sound rediculous, and im not sure which symbol the actual degree symbol is from the Windows Character Map....... But it works. I type the angle and degree symbol in Word, and copy and paste it. I swear, it works.

kimheaver
2010-05-11, 03:43 AM
im not sure which symbol the actual degree symbol

That I know, its alt+0176

Ah huh so I've got to enter a actual degree character, (just tried it and it works).
so for my rotation of 184d37 it would be
184 then alt+0176 then 37'

seems like there should be an easier way but job done.

thanks for your help,
Kim

reviot
2010-05-11, 03:54 AM
I think you will find the spacebar does the trick.

eg. 184°34' can be entered as 184 34, 184°34'28" can be entered as 184 34 28 (obviously will only work as long as you are entering these figures where Revit is expecting an angle value)

Certainly works when creating property lines by distances and bearings and pretty sure it works elsewhere.

kimheaver
2010-05-11, 04:37 AM
I think you will find the spacebar does the trick.

Now that's easier, I like that., good on ya spacebar.

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Kim