PDA

View Full Version : Callouts on Enlarged Plan

tklein.208994
2010-05-11, 05:16 PM
When I place a detail or interior elevation tag in an enlarged plan view they also appear on the overall plan. I am having to go back to the overall plan and hide those tags. There must be a better way, but how?

azmz3
2010-05-11, 05:56 PM
Which product version are you using? Unless something changed in 2011, then that is the best way that I know of. Section/Elevation tags will show in all the vertical plans which represent the area where the tag is placed, similar to grid lines.

tklein.208994
2010-05-11, 06:08 PM
We're currently using 2009.
Well, unless anyone has another method, that's what we'll keep doing.

Alfredo Medina
2010-05-11, 06:43 PM
Say, for example, that you have an overall plan at 1/8"=1'-0". Then create a callout at 1/4"=1'-0", to show an enlarged plan. Then, go to that Callout view you just created. Insert an interior elevation symbol. Specify which sides you want. Then, select the pointers (triangles). Look at the properties window; find a parameter named as "Hide in scales coarser than". Select the scale you are using for this callout, 1/4". Go back to the 1/8" plan. The interior elevation symbol will be hidden in this view and in any other view with a scale of 1/8", 1/16", etc.

azmz3
2010-05-11, 08:20 PM
Forgot about that method, thanks for pointing it out.

rkitect
2010-05-11, 08:32 PM
Also, if you make your callout a detail instead of plan view type, then elevations placed in that view will not appear in parent views. There are adverse affects of using details for enlarged plan views so proceed with caution if you decide to go this route.

bpoppe
2011-04-13, 09:41 PM
We've got a similar problem. On our drawings, tags from other plan views are showing in unwanted plan views. i.e. A detail tag for a roof plan will also show up in a floor (and possibly ceiling) plan. "Hide at scales coarser than" doesn't work as the roof plan and floor plan are the same scale. We want it to show in the roof plan but not the floor plan.

It's frustrating to be constantly on the lookout for those tags and "Hide in View".

Is there a way to have the detail tag appear only in it's inserted view?

Thanks!

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-13, 10:23 PM
, tags from other plan views are showing in unwanted plan views. i.e. A detail tag for a roof plan will also show up in a floor

I'm guessing by 'tags' you are referring to callouts or detail references? I'm not being picky but in Revit nomenclature a 'tag' is a view specific element.

You can create new family types for detail callouts, sections and elevations and then filter by name to turn them off in any view. The filters can also be part of your view template. This is far more consistent and efficient than turning off by element.

bpoppe
2011-04-15, 05:47 PM
Ok, maybe we're doing this to ourselves.

In the attached image you can see a call out at the southeast intersection of the new and existing walls. That is what we want, and it only shows up in this enlarged floor plan. However, the other "tags" referencing sheet A2.26 reference roof details. They were inserted in the roof plan and that's the only plan where we want to see them.

So maybe we're using a reference to a detail view which is acting as a section mark and therefore is being shown at all levels and plans in that cut plane.

This is our biggest and most complex Revit project so far. I'm more than willing to be wrong. I just don't want to continue being wrong.

Thanks.