PDA

View Full Version : Control visibility of linked DWG

ctc
2010-05-11, 09:58 PM
I'm working with another architect who gave me a zip file containing DWG, TXT, FMP, TTS, SHX and, CTB files presumably from AutoCAD.

When I open one of the DWG files in DWG true view I see a well-documented complete architectural construction floor plan.

If I import this DWG file into Revit using the "link cad" tool button I see a separate structural plan off to one side, a miscellaneous plan off to another side, and an overlay of a floor plan and a reflected ceiling plan in the same location.

I was able to turn off the visibility of the ceiling information, however I can't figure out how to turn on the visibility of the room name information. All of the appropriate layers seem to be checked in the visibility graphic overrides dialog. Please advise.

rkitect
2010-05-11, 11:18 PM
Without seeing the DWG it's hard to say (and I don't really want to see it :P). Inside of Revit you can Querty a DWG link and see what layer an object is on. Select the link, and in the options bar "Query" will be one of the options. If this reports a layer that is on, then I'd say you're looking at a nested block inside the DWG.

The sad thing about DWG linking is that it doesn't matter how long a consultant spent making it look pretty for you. When you import it, you see everything.