PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instance of same view open

rkitect
2010-05-12, 01:06 AM
Just curious if anyone has come across a way to keep this from happening. I find it happens a lot when you do a lot of family editing and the "Load into Project" is used extensively. most frustrating is when I look up and I have a {3D} and "3D View" of the same project open.

See attachment.

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-12, 01:12 AM
Close Hidden windows will stop it from happening, but i do it on purpose a lot of the time if im working in two areas and dont want to keep panning.

rkitect
2010-05-12, 01:31 AM
Heh... ok mr. smarty.. how do you PREVENT it from happening to begin with :P

eric.piotrowicz
2010-05-12, 01:44 PM
Well I haven't found a way to prevent it (aside from tabbing thru open views instead of picking from the browser) but I did find something quirky related to having multiple instances of the same sheet open. The other day I needed to plot a half dozen sheets and strangely half of them where plotting the title block as a halftone grey scale. Eventually I realized the the sheets that plotted the halftone title block were sheets that I had multiple instances open by accident. Not really sure what kind of "feature" this would be but its something I'll be looking out for in the furture.

rkitect
2010-05-12, 01:58 PM
That is one of the few adverse affects I have found. I don't' think it's a feature as much as it is that Revit is no longer (I believe this started happening to me in 2009) checking for views that are already open before it opens the closest view for placing an object or performing whatever function you have called on. It's pretty simple really, here I'll do it for you:

if (viewtoOpen.isOpen) {
DONTOPENTHATVIEW;
viewtoOpen.focus ;
} else {
OPENTHATVIEW;
}

thereifixedit