PDA

View Full Version : Plotting Profiles Above or Below Datum

bryanf
2010-05-12, 08:15 PM
Is it possible to plot a ditch profile 15 feet below datum wihtout messing up the elevations and rest of the data?

brian.hailey933139
2010-05-24, 12:51 PM
Yes? Care to elaborate as to why you are afraid it won't work? Perhaps a bit more information such as what other data are you afraid of messing up.

WScottAllenPE
2010-07-20, 02:47 PM
Can you share how?

brian.hailey933139
2010-07-21, 02:25 PM
The quality of the answer to your question is directly proportional to the quality of the question. What are you trying to do?

WScottAllenPE
2010-07-22, 02:53 PM
Brian, I was hoping to find something like this in your blog. Maybe you'll address it at some point. Anyway ...

In my profile view, I have my existing and proposed profiles for my roadway, proposed storm sewer pipes, and proposed ditch profiles.

Since the elevations of the left and right ditches and the pipe network are all going to be close to each other, I want to display the right ditch at 10 feet below datum, and the left ditch and storm sewer at 10 feet above datum.

I use the proposed ditch profiles as targets for my corridor to draw my cross sections, so the profiles have to have the actual elevations. Right now, I work around it by redrawing a line over the ditch profiles, moving them up or down 10 feet, and labeling the profile breaks with a style containing an expression to add or subtract 10 feet from the elevation so that they display the correct elevation for the vertically offset profiles.

How can you have a profile displayed in your profile view at a vertical offset above or below its actual datum?

Another question, can you hide one segment of a profile, for example between breaks at Station 1+00 and Station 2+00 to account for, say, a driveway?

brian.hailey933139
2010-07-23, 03:51 AM
Hmmm, I understand now what you are wanting and you're right, it would make a good blog post. I think the easiest thing to do would be to create three profile views, using different datums, one for the left ditch, one for the centerline, and one for the right ditch, and then just overlay them.