PDA

View Full Version : Arrrays and attaching . . . ???

ita
2004-12-10, 02:09 AM
The attached louvered door has an array in place for the louvres. The louvres flex in section and elevation for door width etc, change angle, thickness, width etc etc. However I cannot attach the "last" or end blade in the array to the top rail and so the array will not flex when the door height is changed.

I have tried using invisible lines in the the louvre componant, attaching angled ref planes to the rail and "trying" ???? to attach the last blade etc etc - all in all over a day of experimenting to no avail.

Is there a way of doing this that have not attempted??

Thanks for any assistance.

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-10, 10:23 PM
The attached louvered door has an array in place for the louvres. The louvres flex in section and elevation for door width etc, change angle, thickness, width etc etc. However I cannot attach the "last" or end blade in the array to the top rail and so the array will not flex when the door height is changed.

I have tried using invisible lines in the the louvre componant, attaching angled ref planes to the rail and "trying" ???? to attach the last blade etc etc - all in all over a day of experimenting to no avail.

Is there a way of doing this that have not attempted??

Thanks for any assistance.

Ita,

I had this problem with a similar louver, make sure that you dimension the blade specifically in the array command. take a look at the attached louver i have made. Hopefully this will help you.

aggockel50321
2004-12-11, 12:25 PM
Ian,

I took a look at your door & I think it flexes properly now.

On nested componets (especially rotating componets), always try to constrain them at their origin.

The fix:

-Added a ref plane below the top rail, dimensioned it, & gave it a length parameter (I used the same name you used in the nested componet).

-Defined the new parameter's length with the same formula used in the nested componet, only using the parent's thickness parameter.

-Edited the bottom member of the array, & align locked the nested componet's origin to the top of the bottom rail. Finished array.

-Edited the top member of the array, & align locked the nested componet's origin to the new reference plane. Finished array.

In both cases, when finishing the array, I got the "fix array" dialog box, and in both cases I selected the last fix. Can't quite remember it's wording, but something to the effect "remove inconsistent componets from family or project."

ita
2004-12-11, 12:56 PM
Andrew and Scott, thankyou both for taking the time to look at this one! I have gone back at looked at the issues with the information you have provided and it now works perfectly - like your amendment Andrew.

Many thanks
Ian