PDA

View Full Version : Is there a quick way to add parameters to a bunch of files?

mthurnauer
2010-05-14, 03:21 PM
I am working on creating type catalogs for all of the standard AWI casework families. I have made a custom casework tag that matches the example in the AWI book. I need to add three parameters (nHeight, nWidth, nDepth) to allow for my tag to show the height, width, and depth of the casework a unitless inch format. The type catalog will fill in these parameters, but I wanted to know if there was an easy way to add these parameters to all of the casework families without opening>Adding>saving all of the families. Any suggestions?

twiceroadsfool
2010-05-14, 03:24 PM
Im betting if ALL of the families open without a problem (IE no warning dialogues pop up) you could modify the Upgrade.rfa batch file editor that ships with Revit to do it.

All you need to do is do one by hand, capture that portion of the journal file, and add it in to the batch script that plays the journal file witht he modified famlist.txt...

mthurnauer
2010-05-14, 03:38 PM
Where do I find the upgrade.rfa file batch file editor? Where is the famlist.txt?

iankids
2010-05-14, 08:42 PM
Where do I find the upgrade.rfa file batch file editor? Where is the famlist.txt?

Hi,

In Win7 64 bit the files are located in:

C:\Autodesk\AutoDesk_Revit_Architecture_2011_English_Win32-64\Utilities\Common\ContentBatchUtility

Cheers,

Ian