PDA

View Full Version : Current revision issued

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-05-17, 11:15 AM
When drawing a new revision cloud I frequently get the message: cannot add to issued revision, even after I have created a new revision in the schedule. How do I make the new revision current. At present I always have to go and untick many revisions marked as issued to find the one which should not be marked as issued so that can then change the properties of the cloud I am drawing before reticking all the old revisions as issued.

wmullett
2010-05-17, 01:23 PM
In order to create a cloud, there has to be a revision open. That means the last revision showing has not yet been issued and any new clouds created will default to this last non-issued revision. Once you issue a revision, you can not add to it unless you un-check the issued.

If a cloud needs to be switched from say Rev 3 to Rev 2, un-check the issued for both revisions and change the properties of the cloud from 3 to 2.

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-05-26, 08:55 AM
Sorry for the double post, I forgot that I already posted the question. Anbd thanks for the response.

I don't quite follow though. Even with open revisions the revision clouds sometimes wants to "belong" to an older marked as issued revision and not the latest added open revision. I then cannot change this unless I first find the right one by unticking many untill I have the right one, drawing a cloud, changing its properties and then remarking the revisions.

michael.montagne
2010-08-24, 10:42 PM
I have exactly the same problem. It's annoying to unissue the old revision number and then change the cloud to the actual "current" revision. Have you figured this out yet?

-mjm