PDA

View Full Version : I can't get copy monitor to copy steel!

bwiersema
2010-05-17, 05:24 PM
We are designing a parking garage, which is by necessity mostly structural.
So instead of modeling the same thing structural engineer is, we are attempting to "copy monitor concrete floors, columns and tube steel members on the top level.

I can get copy monitor to work on the concrete columns and floors, but not the vertical and horizontal steel!

Help!

TIA

saeborne
2010-05-18, 06:48 PM
I don't believe copy monitor works for the structural framing category.

From what you are saying, I understand that you have a structural engineer who is giving you a revit model.

Why not link in his model, and use visibility graphics to look at his structural framing elements on your drawings? Do you need to directly modify them?

rkitect
2010-05-18, 07:53 PM
My guess is that if they are trying to copy monitor then the model is already linked in to their model.

Unfortunately you will not be able to copy/monitor anything that is not classified as a column in the structural model. My guess is that the model you have was done in a 3rd party app and exported the "vertical" steel as framing members and not as columns. We've run into this in the past and it's an unfortunate side effect of some exports at the moment since you won't be able to copy/monitor them.