PDA

View Full Version : Roof Flashings

nhousty
2010-05-18, 02:47 AM
Hi all, I have been looking at the visual graphics options under Roof and you have the visibility option to show / hide flashings. The problem I have is how to turn a profile into a flashing so that you can show / hide it? any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

r.grandmaison
2010-05-18, 04:23 AM
I must be dense- where do you see the ability to hide/show flashing? Within Visibility/Grahpic Overrides under Roofs I see Fascia and Gutter, but I don't see any "Flashing".

(To create a gutter, load the profile and then use the Roof Fascia or Gutter tool.)

nhousty
2010-05-18, 05:27 AM
Here is a screen shot of my Visual graphics box, see between fascias and gutters is the flashings option.

STHRevit
2010-05-18, 06:57 AM
Interesting. I don't have that in my VG.
I think what could have happened is this. There is an object in your model, perhaps a generic model, which has been classed in the roof category. This object may have a subcategory in it called flashing. this would give you the ability to turn it on or off in your project.

We use this method all the time to create external canopies. We create a sub category in the family called soffit and sheeting. This way we can set up an iso view of the canopy, "turn off" the soffit and sheeting and you can see the structure.

Could be wrong....

Scott D Davis
2010-05-18, 07:12 AM
Someone must have created a subcategory of roofs called Flashing in your project. It's not an option in an out-of-the-box version of Revit.

nhousty
2010-05-18, 11:12 AM
I have done a clean install on my PC at home and with the default NZ template I still have this option of flashings. But when I use no template then it is gone. Ok so it must be the guys who set up the NZ template who added this in.

Cheers for pointing out that it isn't a standard VG.