PDA

View Full Version : Render Apearance library question

tarch
2010-05-20, 02:53 PM
This is what I see when I go to the library. In 2010 and 2009 I could distingush materfials, but now...Is this a problem with my graphic card?:shock:

josh.made4worship
2010-05-20, 04:57 PM
This is what I see when I go to the library. In 2010 and 2009 I could distingush materfials, but now...Is this a problem with my graphic card?:shock:

That screen shot looks fine to me. I think there might be a setting you can change the "zoom" if you will of the material so you can see the differences more closely, but I'm not sure about that. Usually what I do is pick one and then look at it in the dialog box since you can resize the image preview and set it to low, medium, or high render settings for the preview.

rkitect
2010-05-20, 05:03 PM
Confirming that the screen shot is normal. You are looking at materials that are similar in looks, just with different colors. Take a look at the fabrics or stone material categories.

Matt Stachoni
2010-05-20, 05:14 PM

Nope. Just change the swatch size at the bottom to increase the sample size, and you may be able to better distinguish between such similar materials.

tarch
2010-05-20, 06:31 PM
That screen shot looks fine to me. I think there might be a setting you can change the "zoom" if you will of the material so you can see the differences more closely, but I'm not sure about that. Usually what I do is pick one and then look at it in the dialog box since you can resize the image preview and set it to low, medium, or high render settings for the preview.

Thanks guys,

regretably, I remember material libraries where you didn't have to read under the cube to know what you arer looking at.