PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Walls with Masonry Veener

ParagonChris
2010-05-20, 03:37 PM
I need to do wall elevations for concrete shear walls that have masonry veener on the outside. I just want to show the concrete to add additional rebar. The elevations are outside looking in. How do I hide the veener in the elevation? Filters? Something else, please help?

cliff collins
2010-05-20, 03:50 PM
You could cut a section at the concrete instead of an elevation?

You can not really "turn off" the brick if it's built into the wall Type.

cheers......

dzatto
2010-05-20, 04:06 PM
Could you do the elevation and paint the brick look like concrete? I'm not sure if you can do that in elevation or not.

rkitect
2010-05-20, 04:56 PM
If you paint the brick in elevation, it paints it in the model itself. What happens if you move the elevation cut to the space between the veneer and the cmu?

edit: nvm, that just shows the cut pattern (durp). You could always override the cut pattern in those views to show a cmu, or for that matter just override the view graphics for the wall in those view for CMU pattern entirely.

editEdit: this of course requires a CMU drafting pattern since you can apparently not use model patterns on Overrides.

Matt Stachoni
2010-05-20, 05:12 PM
I need to do wall elevations for concrete shear walls that have masonry veener on the outside. I just want to show the concrete to add additional rebar. The elevations are outside looking in. How do I hide the veener in the elevation? Filters? Something else, please help?

Create two walls, one concrete and the other only brick? Join them together so that doors/windows/openings work as expected, then filter out the brick wall in the elevation to not display it?