PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2011.. sharing files

cadmaster77
2010-05-20, 03:41 PM
i maybe getting ahead of myself again.. but would be nice to understand whats in front of me... 2 questions

- if i start a project in revit.. and get to a point to where MEP/S needs to start working on it.. what issue do i have to overcome if they dont have revit.. just plain autocad, like autocad 2006 or later?

- if they can read it, and send an autocad dwg back to me, is the implementation of there work into revit an easy process?

im just trying to understand the collaboration portion of the software with respect to the design team.. i know i may come across it shortly, but hearing it from u all in laymens terms would help too

thanks

rkitect
2010-05-20, 04:12 PM
How do you plan on implementing their work into yours? If you are planning on creating ductwork and equipment based on their plans then I hope you have Revit MEP as well. otherwise you get to create custom ductwork families for your project :)... wait no that's a :(

If they are producing documents of their own, I'm not sure what else their really is to do. The point of having Revit with other disciplines is to see interferences in the model. It's hard to do that with a 2D plan on top of a view.

If they are only producing the drawings and not their own sheets, then we have a different scenario all together.

All in all, you should be asking them "Why are you not using revit?" :P

cadmaster77
2010-05-20, 05:50 PM
good point... i think the only case i can see is the mech supply/register locations.. copying off there dwgs into our reflected ceiling plan..

so i guess the important questions is.. can i send them some type of... dwg and they read it.. autocad 2006 to autocad 2011versions?

thanks

rkitect
2010-05-20, 06:02 PM
You can export views and sheets to DWG format up to 2010 (in 2011) for xmittal.